0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect App repeatedy needs to check my sim

Hi MontyMole,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry you have been experiencing issues with our Connect app, are you still having the same issue or has this now been rectified.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 23 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes I am still having the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 24 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi MontyMole,

This isn't intended as a permanent fix to the issue, however have you been able to try the SIM in another handset to see whether it still has an issue with needing to repeatedly check the SIM card?

Have you been able to follow the recommendation of manually selecting the network before connecting to the SIM and logging in?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 25 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I am still encountering this problem. It is a new SIM as Virgin said I had to replace my existing one recently. I haven't got another handset to try this with. I have tried the Network setting rather than auto and still get the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi MontyMole,

As you have tried all other options and are unable to try your new sim in another handset, the last option would be to try a factory reset on your handset.

Before you do this please make sure you have backed up all your pictures, contacts and anything else that is important to you on your phone as this will be lost when the reset is done.

Can you let us know how you get on once you have tried this.

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 27 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I can't believe what I'm reading, Virgin Mobile's Connect App is appalling (read the reviews on the Play store) and an employee suggests that to get their appalling app working you need to completely factory reset your phone.

My god!

Please don't factory reset your phone person with the problem.  It's not your phone or sim.  It's the app, it's pants!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi whyowhyowhy,

Thank you for your comment, we would only recommend a factory reset as a last resort. This is to test the App on a handset without any other 3rd party Apps that could possibly interfere with our connect  App.

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 29 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestion of doing a factory reset.

It is disappointing that this is the suggestion being offered as it would take quite some time to do this and be inconvenient to go through and set all apps up etc. Albeit a last resort I do think it is poor that Virgin feel that is this an appropriate way forward as oppose to building in some sort of analysis into the apps which could log what is happening and be looked at before having to get to this stage. At the moment this is not something I can afford the time to go through all the setup of my phone again.

I appreciate that for many this app may be working as expected. And it should be a useful app. I appreciate some of the efforts to try and resolve it. It does feel like it doesn't have the full level of support it should for an app we get by paying Virgin each month. And putting the onus on me to spend considerable time on this does not feel like the service you would expect from Virgin.

This coupled with the v poor experience when trying to use the "Contact Us" option in the app itself where the first response was for the agent to tell me they could only handle queries regarding the Fibre sound and if I was experience problems with the mobile aspect then I would need to ring Virgin mobile is annoying as the option was to get help with the app if I am using that then I should get help with all of it.

Then we had the agent tell me that they app could be used with a mobile login or a broadband login but not both. I don't believe this but I haven't got an answer on whether this is true and the app is badly designed so as not to handle both or to at least advise, or whether the agent was not stating the true facts. If anyone can answer this I would still be interested

I did try emailing the app team, as per the email address quoted in Google Play when people have problems, but several weeks later I haven't even had an acknowledgement of the email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 35
Flag for a moderator

OK, So just to confirm MontyMole, every time you log into the app, it checks your sim, does it allow you to use the app after this, or does it fail?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos