Menu
jftamayo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Connect APP

I had to re-install the APP Virgin Media Connect from my phone. I haven't been able to login again.

It disconnects the WiFi. I activate the data and then I tap "continue", nothing else happens.

I can login with no problems with my virgin media account with no issues.

As a consequence, I can't connect to the virgin media SSID when I am away from home.

I've tried to reinstall, to delete the app cache, etc with no results.

Please, can someone give me a hand?

Jose.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Connect APP

If you are a VM broadband customer as well a VM mobile try this.

Shut down your phone. Remove the SIM card. Restart the phone. Select the VM connect app and proceed with the setup process based on your broadband account.  Once the process has completed and the WiFi profiles have been stored then shut down the phone again.

Reinsert the SIM card and start up again.  Do not then try to use the mobile tab in the app or you will be back to square one.

I agree this process is a complete pain,but it has enabled me to use the app to connect to eligible WiFi hotspots seamlessly for a long time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jftamayo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham. It is a good workaround. I could get registered but the WiFi hotspots didn't work for me... I will try again.
It was really helpful.
0 Kudos
jftamayo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Graham, you're a start, man!
I tried a second time and it worked for me. Thanks for the tip!
0 Kudos