Menu
rledieu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media App will not authenticate

I have had to Factory Reset my Samsung A20e due to the fact that it keeps dropping the mobile 3g/4g signal and that was the last resort suggestion as to how to fix it. Having rebuilt the device and installed all my apps, now when I go into the Virgin Mobile App (v.7.1921.22216) it wants to "Check SIM". Having ensured I am on 4g (little icon at the top of the screen), Turned on "Mobile Data" through settings and turned off the WiFi I thought I was ready to rock. Not so ... I get the top half of the screen saying "Ooops, It looks like you're not currently connected to mobile data (3G or 4G)" followed by a red button that is labelled "Retry Authentication". I have taken the SIM card out and given it a good wipe and still no joy. I have uninstalled the app and re-installed it with no better results. This is infuriating! 

What do I need to do?

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media App will not authenticate

Hi rledieu,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry that you're having problems using your mobile data. 

Can you please try a manual network search?

Are you able to use the sim in another phone so we can rule out if it's the sim/handset causing the issue?

Can you please text 'settings' to 789922 so we can make sure you have the right settings on there?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
mei_t
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've been having similar issues using the virgin media app. Every now and then it asks to check my sim and has worked in the past after a few times of struggling to work but the most recent time it asked me check my sim it hasn't worked. For months I've been going on to the app periodically and turning off my Wi-fi so the app can use data to check my sim but it always generates the message "oops. it looks like you're not currently connected to mobile data (3G or 4G)". I've followed the help on the app by manually turning off the Wifi on my phone, turning on airplane mode and then turning it off to reset the data connection, and checking my data is working by seeing if google.com works and I've followed all steps and taken my SIM out and reinserted it, yet I am still unable to check my sim and acess the app.

I don't know what the issue is.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad we got it all sorted @mei_t, let us know if you need anything else 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
mei_t
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for helping me out with registering my virgin media mobile account. This issue regarding checking SIM on the virgin media app has not been resolved though. Please could you help me out with this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like the app hasn't been set up correctly. Are you able to delete and re install the app using 4G only data and see if that works?

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
mei_t
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried that and it hasn't fixed the issue. I still get the same message popping up.

0 Kudos
rledieu
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I ended up getting a new motherboard for the phone!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello @mei_t 

Have you recently made any changes to your account or transferred a number?
Are you getting a strong mobile signal when trying to set up the app?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
mei_t
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No, I haven't made any changes to my account or changed my number recently. I've had the same SIM for a year or more.

I've been testing my signal by using apps and web browsers that require data and they work fine but the virgin mobile app issue still persists.

0 Kudos