Menu
Tezza1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Insurance is covering an old phone and has not been updated to our new phones

Hi we upgraded our 2 Virgin Mobiles in December 2019 to Samsung Galaxy A40's. Before this we had Microsft Lumia phones (also with Virgin mobile).

We continued paying for Virgin Media Protect Insurance every month. My wife dropped her phone recently and badly damaged the screen so we made a claim on December 12th. The claim is being held as pending because the records show that the phone insured is the old Microsft Lumia and the (very helpful) people at Virgin Media Protect are trying to get Customer Services to update the records to show the correct phone.

I can provide phone number and account details. Can you get this progressed for us please?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Insurance is covering an old phone and has not been updated to our new phones

Hi Tezza1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear your new phones haven't been added to the insurance .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Insurance is covering an old phone and has not been updated to our new phones

HI Tezza,

thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues with the insurance. This would need to be taken at the point of sale and we do recommend that you speak with the Asurian - our insurance team on 0345 0303 291.

Regards

Paul.
0 Kudos
Tezza1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul. I have spoken to them three times since December 12th (including today). They have mentioned that it is a customer service issue to update the phones in relation to the insurance policy. I will go back to them again and explain what you have said.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This isn't something we can do our end, please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Tezza1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK. Will do. Thanks for getting involved 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You are very welcome. stay safe..

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Tezza1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul. Thanks for coming back. I dont see a purple envelope can you resend please?
0 Kudos