Menu
paul1103
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow 4G download speed

Since the weekend, when I presume Virgin swapped to Vodafone from EE, my unlimited 4G broadband speed has dropped from around 50 ish Mb/s (EE) to bewteen 2 - 10 Mb/s (Voda) . is anyone else experiencing this. I was previously with Vodafone and their coverage at home was poor, hence why I went to Virgin as their covergae was better on EE. I'm using an unlimited data virgin SIM in a Huawei 4G router.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow 4G download speed

49Mb/s on a weak signal here in Liverpool on Vodafone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jordanparky
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same thing I was getting around 30mbs on 4g last week I have since received the text advising my device is 5g enabled and its about 4mbs now

Not the best upgrade really

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unless you're in a good 5g signal area it isn't an upgrade, just a change in supplier from ee to Vodafone. The ee speed on vm at best was about 70mb/s on the 4g+, generally you won't get those speeds yet with Vodafone on 4g. I'm getting about 20mb/s which is average fair Vodafone nationally. What you're actually getting on vm with Vodafone is a better indoor signal as their 800mhz is included whereas the 900mhz ee signal wasn't before.

I'm not interested in 5gb yet, give it at least another year. For example where I live not far from Nottingham there isn't 5g on Vodafone within 15 miles, that's of the city centre.

My signal has changed from ee to Vodafone this week courtesy of me changing plan. The 4g signal where I live is better than before. It's similar to ee in some other areas. The only thing missing with my 4g phone is volte. Mind you my plan update date is a few days away, so volte could appear then.

0 Kudos