Menu
Mandsc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Verification text not received

Until a few days ago I was receiving verification codes. I’ve now stopped receiving these from Amazon. I request OTP and no text comes through. I also urgently need a verification number from Revolution banking. I’ve been dealing with Revolut support who say they can see codes are being sent it’s just I’m not receiving these. It’s very very frustrating and I’d like to know why this is what I can do. I’ve made no changes to my settings. Verification codes being received from PAYPAL. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Verification text not received

Intermittent and missing OTP texts are a common problem with Virgin. Fault was first acknowledged 15 months ago and the team here will assure you they are working hard to fix it.!

Amazon is now popping up on here as a problem. 

People are having to use phones on a different network and get their text sent there. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Verification text not received

Hi Mandsc,

Welcome to our community forums and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear for some strange reason you are no longer receiving your verification text messages from Amazon or Revolution banking.

As your still receiving codes from PayPal, we can ask you to try a few different things.

Can we ask you to place your handset in airplane mode for 30 seconds, then turn it back off? This will re-connect you to the local network again which may resolve the issue.

If this does not work, please turn off your handset and reboot to see if this connects back to the local network so the verification codes and come back through.

Can we ask you have contacted Amazon about your verification codes not coming through?

Please try the above first and come back to us if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos