Menu
alimkev
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM sim - new user

i recently moved to VM for broadband and telephone and tried at the weekend to activate the mobile sim. when I put it in it says it needs an unlock code but then two options to press on phone UNLOCK or DISMISS. Only the dismiss button works. I cant proceed any further. Contacted VM who said SIM had expired and they would send out new one which arrived just now. Same problem. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? 

thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM sim - new user

This sounds as if the phone you are using maybe network locked.

Where was it purchased and on what mobile network were you on previously?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
alimkev
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i eventually managed to bring a keyboard up and entered the pin but it has now locked the phone and is now telling me the sim network pin blocked. enter sim network puk. I am entering the one on the sim card but this is not working. I am finding this whole thing very frustrating!

Phone is a Galaxy S8 and from Vodafone. I have the NUC but cant get that far!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whoops When that comes up on a Samsung it usually means the unlock code has been entered wrong too many times.

You now need a MCK unblocking code. This from an unlock site

This message normally means that the unlock code (also known as network unlock code, network PIN or NCK code) has been entered incorrectly too many times and has therefore blocked the phone from being unlocked.

Most network providers such as EE, Vodafone, Three and O2 only provide you with an network unlock code and can not provide the code needed to unblock the phone if this code has been entered incorrectly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon alimkev,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please advise me if you've been able to get the handset unlocked since your most recent post?

If so, have you since been able to use the services from the SIM card?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
alimkev
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi no I haven't and am really frustrated. The only reason I moved to vm was because it made financial sense if mobile was also transferred. I tried so many things yesterday following helpline advice that I imagined it has locked. I now get message: sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk. Have tried the one on the sim and another the helpline gave but still no luck. When I enter number I get network unlock request unsuccessful. Vodafone advised I put in nuc but that hasnt worked either. So annoyed I have moved now.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Best bet is to take the phone to a repair shop that does unlocking. They have ways and means.

The same thing would have happened if you had moved to any other network but Vodafone 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As the handset is not the property of Virgin Media, we would not be able to offer an unlock code for the handset.

It may be worth contacting Samsung to see if they're able to provide an unlock code, unless Vodafone are able to offer an alternative handset unlock code for you. 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos