Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM Using EE, Vodafone or O2?

Now the VM/O2 merger has been confirmed, will VM eventually use the O2 network in full?

I’m aware they used EE and recently started a new agreement with Vodafone. Just keen to know how things will work moving forward. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Using EE, Vodafone or O2?

There is no information as to what will happen, but Virgin signed a 5 year deal with Vodafone and would have to pay dearly to break the contract.

It will take some time to integrate Virgin's rather unique system with that of O2. The last merger was Orange and T-Mobile and that took over 2 years. The Virgin/O2 scenario is far more complicated. One can only hope Virgin don't drag O2 down to their level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much. Totally agree with your comments too 🙂

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just announced the 5 year deal with Vodafone is to stand

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'Just announced the 5 year deal with Vodafone is to stand'

Yet I have just received an e-mail stating :

'From today, Virgin Media is part of Virgin Media O2 – a new partnership between the UK’s fastest major broadband provider and the UK’s favourite mobile network operator.'

How is that going to work?? Either VM are with Voda, as they have a 5 year contract, or, they are with O2..How can they be both ???

VM have big problems just trying to keep their own network running, without trying to cosy up to Vodafone AND O2.... 

Basically, a disaster looking for a place to happen.... Best get out now, bad enough with all the problems switching to the purple sim, without the added problems of trying to decipher which network you are actually on, EE, O2 or voda..

The swap to purple sim has left me with 50% of the signal I had with EE, and where I live, O2 isn't any better!! Battery life has halved, as phone tries to find a signal all the time.!!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Reading the announcement to the Technical press the two mobile networks will not be merged for a number of years. Virgin will stay Virgin on Vodafone. O2 will remain O2 with their systems

0 Kudos