Menu
taz_nut
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM Mobile Phone Help please.

I would like some help on my wife's mobile phone bill with yourselves please that I pay for. We have just had a call with someone by ringing your 789 no. but to be honest we came away with no idea what was going on, the line was dreadful and we could not make out half of what was being said.

My wife has had her phone with you for years and always stays within her monthly allowances in fact her mobile data is always being rolled over. However, she has now been told that there will be extra charges of £46 added for what we do not know other than we think he said going over her data allowance.

This seems impossible with the amount she had built up and the fact that she doesn't use her phone on Mobile Data when at home as we have Wi-Fi through yourselves. With the lockdown the only place she goes is to care for her mum, so we questioned these extra charges and can we see the bill for these.

However, he said he could not share details of these with us for some reason and the amount would be billed next month.

I would like to see the itemised bill for these extra charges so we can dissect this and see where these extras may have been encountered.

I am aware it is not my name on the bill however, if someone would message me I can put you in contact with my wife to send this detail through.

Best Regards.

Ian.

0 Kudos
bones1958
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Mobile Phone Help please.

Have you logged in to view Bills on the Mobile Account online? Each bill gives a breakdown of usage (individual calls, texts, dat usage) and I’d expect you will be able to identify any charges that are out with the package/plan your wife has.

0 Kudos
taz_nut
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but the normal monthly bill has been paid recently but now says 'extra charges', £46, nowhere is this explained hence a fruitless phone call and now posting on here....

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In reality this is a customer to customer community forum with some Virgin input.

I'm not sure if the team on here are equipped to answer specific account queries. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
taz_nut
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well there's no point in ringing them, line was awful, little English language skills, no help whatsoever!

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you'll need the account holder to call in. they won't be able to tell you anything for GDPR reasons

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
taz_nut
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

She did today, pointless...

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok

0 Kudos