Why must VM make life so difficult for its customers?
Here's what been happening over the last 4 weeks:
* Ported-out my Oomph SIM for various reasons. Did this online - a message told me that as the Oomph SIM forms part of my Ultimate Oomph bundle, a new SIM would be sent automatically - great!
* I've spent the last 4 weeks trying to contact customer service as no new SIM arrived
* On multiple occasions, I've tried online messaging, text and phone calls. I either can't get through or spend half days being transferred to different (and incorrect) departments
* Virgin Mobile tell me the Media team need to order the SIM, Media team tell me the Mobile team need to order the SIM - not appears VM doesn't have one single person available to order a SIM!
* Messages by text receive an initial 'we've got your query' message and then nothing after 4 weeks!
* Finally got through to an adviser on the phone yesterday after choosing the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. A lengthy call where the adviser told me she'd ordered the SIM... then said it needs to be credit checked. This is absolute rubbish! The SIM forms part of my bundle... I have ported-out an Oomph SIM before and the replacement was NOT credit checked.
I am THE nicest guy in the world, but VM are testing my patience. I am sick of their scripted responses. Why can't just ONE adviser go the extra mile and exceed my expectation?
Can anyone pick up my complaint here and just order me a new Oomph SIM? I've raised FOUR complaints JUST to be heard - only to receive a patronising letter in the post informing me that the resolution to my complaint is that 'the customer has been educated'. I don't need educating - just a SIM!
Firstly - I would like to apologise for the experience that you've had here, I can appreciate It's not been ideal but I assure you I will do my best to get to the bottom of this. I have been running a thread on this forum regarding Oomph SIM's so I assure that you're in the right hands here.
I just would like to clear up a few things - I hope you can appreciate that I have not been privy to any of your other conversation with our agents, so please give me the time and understanding that we can work through this. A credit check would need to be completed to process a new Oomph SIM, I am unsure as to where you have got this information from. I wouldn't advise you of something if it wasn't true. It is not an external/hard credit check it is a soft/internal check which wouldn't affect your credit file.
No one here is attempting to make it harder than it needs to be, there would be a reason why this isn't as easy as you think it should be.
From your post you advise that you have ported out your Oomph number and then talk about when you got the replacement that was not credit checked - what happened to the replacement? Was that ported out also? It could be the cause the problem if we keep assigning you Oomph SIM's and they are all being ported out. If you could let me know 🙂
Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Thanks for the reply, Ryan. I have now managed to speak with someone on the phone and am in the process of getting a new Oomph SIM sent out.
I am the most tolerant guy, buy have never had a positive experience on the Virgin Mobile side of customer service. I find the advisers to have very little knowledge, patronising, and get easily stumped when they go 'off script'. Virgin Media customer service however, is always good.
I fully appreciate what has happened this year and how Covid is affecting us all. But when you literally spend hours a day being transferred or cut off, it leaves me with a very negative opinion of the Mobile customer service team.
Perhaps you can help me... spoke to Sales on Tuesday and was told there had been too many credit checks so the Oomph SIM could not be added - spent around 40 mins with a friendly adviser who tried her best to get it added.
She told me the 'back office' team would look at this and she would personally call me back Wednesday to resolve the matter. Of course - no phone call! Just when I thought things were improving...