Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Using up data?

Hi my wife and I are not 'techy' but we seem to be getting mixed messages from Virgin regarding this query. Could somebody answer it definitively.

I have unlimited internet access and calls etc under the oomph package. My wife has a SIM only £7 /month deal that gives her 1500 mins of calls and 1G of data. The query relates to using up all the data as the bill last month was £35 . Do long calls on Whatsap when online in the house use up data or is data only used up if for instance she was using whatsapp on top of a mountain with no wifi connection  presumably using4G?  Is it better practice to be phoning friends for long lock down chats by  making a normal mobile call ( up to the 1500 mins)?  Thanks in anticipation of finallu understandng it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using up data?

Hi there my name is Chris Bithell I am a virgin media technician

Okay so assuming your wifi is definitley connected to the wifi, she should not be using up any data at all.

The charges for data will only come from when not in the home.You can click into your device ussage and see what days and times you have used this data so may build a better picture of when you have used it etc.

Normal calls will use call minutes and whatsapp calls will use data.So hopefully this answers your quiestions and points you in the direction of the exact answers.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Chris
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator