Menu
Morrile
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Using VM sim overseas

Hello,

I was wondering if the Oomph SIM will work overseas within Europe or is there something else we need to action so it does; also the prices for text, calls, and data?

Morrile

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using VM sim overseas

You need to make sure that Roaming is enabled and International Call barring is turned off in your account BEFORE you travel.

This will give you information on charges etc. Many EU countries are still included in your allowance 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Morrile
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, I did find two pages that were unhelpful as they were showing published dates of 2017, both with out of date information. I notice that VM do not date web pages now, so annoying as it's unclear how old the information is, or not, and why I used the community.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morrile, 

Thanks for your post and query regarding using your phone abroad. 

The link posted above will give you the most up to date information. If a web page hasn't been updated for a while, it will only change if something is out of date. Have you got a link to the information you believe is incorrect so I can feed this back to the relevant teams?

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Morrile
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I need to find them again but these did have a date with the year 2017, whereas your webpages today don't have dates, so they can search for 2017 and find them.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morrile,

Thanks for coming back to us again.

Without URL's we're not able to check the information I'm afraid. We're always updating things as when they need to be though so are confident the correct information in out there. 

If you do happen to come across them again then just let us know. 

Take care and enjoy your holiday. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Morrile
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I shall see what I can do, but whoever looks after your website certainly can, as I can do that with the website I have created, so I know it's possible.

0 Kudos