Menu
Sid-Nice
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Using The Ultimate Sim From Oomph Bundle

Upgraded to the Oomph Bundle back in August and I have yet to install the Unlimited SIM into my phone. I currently have two Sims with Virgin Mobile, 1) tariff £6.14 and 1) tariff £1.05. These Sims are the monthly PAYG rolling contract whatever, so I was going to cancel the £6.14 sim card and try and keep my same mobile number and use the sim from the Oomph Bundle.

I have joined this community to try and find any information from someone with a similar problem. Personally I feel the worst case scenario would be having to use the number on the new Oomph sim and rejoining Whatsapp etc. and messaging my current contacts with my new number.

I did see a similar post on this subject and have tried calling Virgin Media, only to listen to music for over an hour then receive the message "The other person has cleared." I have also contacted Virgin Mobile via text and recieved "Just to set expectation using this channel will not allow us to cancel any contract and you may need to speak to our contracts team on 0800********"

I just don't know what the procedure is to activate this Ultimate Sim, keep my old number and then cancel my old monthly contract. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using The Ultimate Sim From Oomph Bundle

I had to port my number to three, then port back to my oomph sim

0 Kudos
Sid-Nice
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I currently have 2 Virgin Mobile Sim card accounts under the same name (30 Day Rolling Contract) apparently Virgin Mobile have the Sim cards registered to the wrong phones. I'm worried if I get a PAC/STAC code I may end up getting the Oomph Ultimate Data Sim for the wrong phone. Also when I cancel my 'Rolling Contract' I might end up cancelling the wrong Sim.

It's nice to see an email with... Your Bill Total Amount £0.00 "This month you don't owe a penny - hurrah!" For the Oomph Ulimited Sim. But the fact is I can't link/access the Sim with my other accounts.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sid-Nice,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums

If you were to speak to our FMC team they would be able to attach the tariff to the SIM card that has been issued with the Oomph package over the phone.

You can also seek to get a PAYG SIM with an alternative provider and seek to port the number from VM to that SIM card and then port the number from the PAYG SIM provider to the new OOpmh SIM card if you wanted to take that route as an alternative.

This would involve cancelling the contract of the SIM that costs £6.14 per month with Virgin Mobile, if you're still in contract you may be required to pay the remainder of the contract in that instance. Any financial agreements you have with the handsets would not be effected by this action 

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Norrie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem; upgraded to ultimate oomph bundle and my mobile number was not upgraded, instead I was sent a new sim and new number. Tried to contact VM to attempt to get the new tariff applied to my current sim but after waiting for 10 mins got an answer and then cut off. Redialled and eventually got through and advisor after some time told me this could be done but I would have to be transferred to another department who would arrange it.After being on hold for a further 41 minutes ( being stubborn I kept holding through so many dire songs) I was again cut off.

VM really have to sort out customer services and this confusion with the ultimate oomph bundle. I am wondering if their is any point in trying to phone up again after wasting over an hour on the line already.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem seems to be that Oomph SIMs are handled by 150 and the Broadband dept and your ordinary SIM by 789 and Virgin Mobile.

As both your contracts are 30 day rolling there should be no problem getting a PAC for the number you want to transfer. 

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/text-to-switch-simple-to-switch-mobile....

Move it to a cheap PAYG and then PAC it back to the Oomp SIM

Sounds convoluted but it isn't and will save you time on phone

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Norrie, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear of the experience you've had with your SIM and the team over the phone. I would be able to look into this further over private message 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
Norrie
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update;
Thanks to Chris_W1 who has resolved the problem and the ultimate oomph will be transferred to my existing sim from next refresh date. Thanks again Chris_W1
0 Kudos