cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usa

Paul123fast
Tuning in
  • So in USA again. Went through all the details help desk said to do and still no coverage here. No service found.  Amazed that having tried every year for 5 years virgin can't make my mobile work in the USA. And I thought they very experts. I challenge anyone at Virgin to fix it.
7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul123fast,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear you are in the USA again and still cannot connect to the Network, which handset are you using, is everything switched on including Roaming and Mobile Data?

Regards

Paul.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remember there is no 2G or 3G in the USA now. You will need a phone with VoLTE to make calls.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TerryF
Tuning in

Paul I have had the same situation, three visits to Florida over the past two years and am unable to make calls or send text messages. Texts can be received and data downloaded. I have raised this issue a couple of times but there appears to be no fix and I see that a few people have reported the same issue. Will Virgin ever resolve this problem?

Paul123fast
Tuning in

Clearly virgin technical support is just rubbish. I have been in touch so many times to help me to use my mobile in the USA but clearly virgin mobile don't support a service when in the USA.  This issue have been going on for years. I now need to take an official complaint to the ombudsman.  Shame really as this will just be a real pain for me and virgin mobile however that's what virgin mobile has effectively told me to do so I will.  

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul123fast, 

Thank you for you post. 

I apologise that is the case here - I do have to be honest with you, we will always try our best to make sure settings are right from this side and offer advice in terms of how to connect. But this isn't something we have control over when you're outside of the UK - which ever country you go to that's not the UK, we/you rely on the network in the country you are going to. It's something that is out of our control, there wouldn't be a fix to put into place unless the problem was over this side in terms of roaming not being active etc. We don't offer any guarantee that when you use your services outside of the UK it will work. I know it's not the answer you are looking for and for that, I apologise. 

I can see from your previous post it has been advised there is not 2G or 3G service now in the USA and your phone would have to have VoLTE to make calls - is this the case? Can you let me know what handset you have please? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

My mobile is a pixel 3 Google phone. 

Hi Paul123fast,

Thank you for reaching back out, as advised by enlli, there is no 2G or 3G in the USA now. You will need a phone with VoLTE to make calls, I was able to check this and can see there is an update available for the Pixel 3 to assist Roaming and Volte, have you done the update on the phone?

Regards

Paul.