cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading handset with Virgin Media

diamondnineties
Just joined

Hi, hoping I get can some advise regarding upgrading.

Currently 18 months into a 36 month contract, originally taken out with Virgin Media but now have airtime billed through O2 and the handset loan through Virgin Media.

I'd like to upgrade as previously with other suppliers you have been able to upgrade the handset from this point onwards, my O2 account says that I'm eligible to upgrade but as the handset loan is with Virgin Media I would have to pay for the new device loan as well as the old one. I'm not willing to pay for both so just trying to find out if it's possible to upgrade through Virgin Media and have the upgrade cancel out the existing handset loan?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, diamondnineties.
Thank you for taking the time to create a post and welcome to our community forums. 

Lovely to have you on board! 🙂

We're sorry to see the confusion and complications caused due to our recent changes to our mobile services and the migration to O2 mobile network, as your freestyle (handset loan) agreement is with us.

This may be challenging for both our customers and us currently due to the switching process, however we'd love to best advise on how we could help you.

Unfortunately our forum team cannot process package changes and upgrades, what we suggest you do is contact our Mobile Retentions team at 0345 600 0789 (from any phone) and discuss the matter with them.
Our team would be eager to advise on all the options you may have.

Please, do let us know how you get on and if this helps.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs