Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading SIM Only Deal

I am currently of a SIM only deal which I have had for a number of years. I pay £9.79 per month, which gets me unlimited texts, 1500 minutes of calls, and 2 GB of data.

I notice from the main VM site that they are now offering a deal comprising unlimited texts, unlimited calls, and 8 GB of data for £8 per month, however, if I go to upgrade my current package on line, the deals on offer are nowhere close to the same value for money. I dare say I could just order a new SIM, however I have no wish to change my mobile number.

I know these deals are there primarily to attract new customers, and I would have benefitted from a similar promotion all those years ago when I first signed up, however I can't help feeling that the current pricing structure leaves me somewhat disadvantaged. I don't expect to be offered the same deal as a brand new customer, but would appreciate the thoughts of the community on the viability of getting a better deal with a 'phone call to customer Services. Obviously, I could just make the call, but if it's likely to prove fruitless, I'd rather avoid the potential long wait and subsequent sales pitch that is often involved in such matters.

Has anyone here had any success in such a venture?

Cheers,

Cliff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading SIM Only Deal

Hi Teflon_2

Thank you for your post. 

I just want to chip in here and add a little bit. Any deal which can be found on the website when that deal is active can be given to any of our mobile customers new or existing. Just like on the media side, on your online account not all options are available to change to. All you would need to do is call the retentions team, and they can process your SIM to the package. If you are on a 30 day rolling SIM or out of contract as such, you can be upgraded there and then. If not and you are in contract, you can still buy out of that to upgrade to the deal you have seen. 

I hope this helps 🙂 

Cheers.  

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very helpful - thanks. Just been on the 'phone and got through way quicker than I expected. Everything has now been changed over - higher allowances and lower cost. 🙂

Thanks again,

Cliff
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem at all Cliff, I am glad the team was able to help. 

Keep safe 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos