cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Phone with Oomph Sim

MartJ
Rising star

Good Afternoon,

Bear with me this might be complicated!!

My current mobile contract as ended as I have completed paying for the phone, I recently got an oomph sim as part of TV/Broadband upgrade and I want use that going forward.  The questions I have related to this are:
1. Should I migrate my existing number to oomph sim before upgrading whilst on current handset?

2. If I do that how do I upgrade handset as all phones on website come with a plan which I don't need?

3. Would it be simpler to buy a phone from elsewhere and insert the migrated sim?

I also have a PAYG phone which I use for other purposes, I understand VM are phasing out PAYG at the end of the year, I therefore have questions related to this

1. Can I migrate the number on PAYG phone to a sim only deal?

2. Do VM have phones, preferably not Apple, that have a dual sim option so I can put the sim in any upgraded phone?
3. I assume if 2 is not possible then I can just migrate to sim only and repurpose my old Galaxy S9 by using sim there?

Hopefully that as clear as I can make it

Martin
4 REPLIES 4

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MartJ.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

To confirm, when you took out the sim did you advise you'd like to migrate an existing number? Is your existing number part of an active mobile account you have with us currently? If so, you'll only be able to upgrade the handset as part of this contract. If you're wanting to use the Ultimate Oomph sim, we can look into closing your current mobile account. 

To confirm, is the PAYG sim still active? If so, we should be able to migrate the number for you. 

In regard to the dual sim, could you clarify on this? Are you looking for the Ultimate oomph sim to be a dual sim? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

When I took out the free sim as part of the upgrade I said I would want to migrate my current number once my contract ended in November.

Somare you saying I can migrate the number but I can’t take an upgraded phone with VM and will either need to continue to use current handset or purchase a phone from elsewhere and insert oomph SIM card in that.

As for PAYG sim, yes it’s still active.

Martin

With respect to dual sim, I was looking for a dual sim phone to put the oomph sim in plus the migrated PAYG sim. 

Martin

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MartJ

Thanks for getting back to us.

You are able to transfer your phone number to either SIM, you just need to text PAC followed by your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format to 65075 to receive a PAC Code from Virgin.

To upgrade your handset with Ultimate Oomph, you will need to speak with our Mobile Team on 0345 600 0789 as this requires a credit check that we cannot perform via the Forums.

You can also change your PAYG SIM to a monthly SIMO, this will also require a credit check so it would be best to give us a call.

The dual SIM will depend on which handset you get.

Kind regards,

Serena