Menu
Kart44
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded phone but contract changed to data only!

I have just upgraded phone, because I kept sim and number and on rolling contract thought it would still be unlimited text and calls but found today after hitting my spending cap that it is data only.  Have spent hours trying to speak to someone to help but keep getting to 'press 1 to get a message link' which is no use at all and cant call a number because have not enough credit!!!  Please help!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded phone but contract changed to data only!

Hi Kart44,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for the late reply, and to hear that there's been some confusion around the package you're on. 

Have you been able to get in touch with us since posting?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Kart44
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I emailed CEO of virgin because I couldnt get hold of anyone, and when I did they put the phone down on me, I did get an email back and am now waiting for someone to contact me!!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the reply Kart44

As we would like to help, We will leave this with our CEO Team so we don't confuse matters even more 

We know that this will now be resolved for you 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Kart44
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, however, I have waited for a response now, which I have not received and sent another email saying 'I might as well cancel the contract all together because data only is no use to me' over a week ago and still silence!!!  I am a 50 yr old woman who has now been on a contract which is no use to me for over a month and have been offered no solution for this.  All I wanted to do was upgrade my device and stay on the same plan, which is what I thought I had done, it is what the plan said online and on the upgrade letter I received in June.  Why anyone thought I would change to a data only with no min or texts for the same money is ridiculous.  I do not understand why it is so difficult to put me back on my old contract with unlimited texts and minutes. This has been so stressful, please help!!!

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm - have you spoken with anyone since this? 

Please let me know if not and I will take it from here. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Kart44
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have heard nothing at all ftom anyone, it is a complete nightmare, I wish I hadnt upgraded the phone, I was happy as I was!

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Please don't worry - I will help with this one. I am aware of the issue unfortunately so you have the best person for the job. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Get out while you can. 

Keep phoning up and demanding. In my case I was accused of being a liar and they want to hold you back till 14 days are up so you cant cancel without penalty. Want to charge me £350 but gave them the riot act. Its going to be wavered but I've not got this in writing. They will get the kit once I have it in writing, if I'm charged then I'm taking action. 

What's worse is that I'm a vip customer for virgin media, with 2 boxes, bb 380mb, all channels plus premier sports, never failed payments, clean account that goes far back 23 years when it was videotron cable! And I'm treated like this!? 

You know I'm very tempted to cancel the whole lot unless VM themselves can give me some compensation for this rigmarole. To be called out a liar by call center is not on. 

Kart I wish you all the best and hope things get resolved for you. 

0 Kudos
Kart44
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, I kniw what you mean, I too have Virgin Media all in and their customer service was so helpful and friendly!  Luckily I have one of the Virgin Community Forum Team, Ryan,  trying to sort this for me, he has kept in touch via messages and hopefully will find a solution soon x 

0 Kudos