Menu
Biggsy68
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded broadband

I recently upgraded my broadband with you on Friday 14/08/20 and was told I would be sent a sim card for a mobile phone which I did not want, even though I was told that this sim would cost zero money each month. I want to cancel this sim because I do not want to be hit with any hidden charges. When on the phone to one of your operatives he kept trying to get me to swap over to Virgin Mobile even though he was told several times that I had just taken out a new contract with my mobile provider.

How do I go about cancelling this within the 14 day period? I have been on the phone for over 30 minutes now waiting to speak someone.

0 Kudos
Biggsy68
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded broadband

Does nobody have an answer for this?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you signed up for an Oomph bundle the free SIM comes as part of the package. It is billed at £0 and if you also set your spend allowance to £0 then you will never pay anything. You can let a family member use it if you like or you can stick it in a draw, but if you cancel it you will have to come off the Oomph package

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Biggsy68
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to set up a mobile account so I can set the spending cost to zero but when I enter my security question it won't accept it. Can you or anyone on here offer help please.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Biggsy68,

What @enlli advised is correct, the Oomph SIM is linked to your Oomph package and if you wanted to cancel the SIM, you'd need to come off the Oomph package on the cable account side. I've managed to find your details using the information we have on here and can see that there is no online account created since you posted so I'll send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so I can help with the online account.

Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos