Menu
Olwen15640
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

How can I stop being repeatedly asked to upgrade my mobile phone? I'm not some youngster who has to keep up with all the latest things ~ I am 80 next year and quite happy with my Samsung 3 and do not want another one. It's getting really annoying being pestered all the time, even though I have said not to phone me again because I'm not interested I am still regularly getting calls.  We have broadband, TV and phone line with Virgin Media and been with you for years. Why can't that be enough? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade

You can ask to be taken off marketing calls. However, going by posts on here the aggressive offshore marketing team seem to ignore that.

Lot of complaints on here about their behaviour.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Olwen15640, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - so sorry that you are getting constant calls to upgrade your mobile. 

If you have asked on the call not to be called again, the agent should be noting and updating your account to advise as such. 

You can also update your marketing preferences via your online account here: virg.in/youracc   (for mobile) and here virg.in/myVM(for cable)

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there enlli,

Thanks for your post - you can update your marketing preferences via your online account Smiley Happy 

virg.in/VMhelp

virg.in/youracc

Hope that helps

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Olwen15640
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help. I have said each time someone has phoned that I do not want to upgrade and to take me off the list but I still get calls. The last person a couple of days ago was particularly tiresome after I said I was going to end the call because I was out with my 2 dogs and couldn't hear him very well he just said 'Well that's probably because you need a phone upgrade.' No, it's because I am using a mobility scooter and I couldn't hear above the motor! I am not responding to any more calls from Virgin Media and if I should get a new phone/contract in the future it will be with another company. Shame as I have always been happy before but aggressive marketing just makes me even more determined not to give in so it doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly understand your frustration here Olwen15640 and I am sorry that you have still had these calls. 

Please do opt out online and see how that improves things. Keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos