cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade parked Order

Spoony36
Superfast

Hi

spoke to virgin on 28/09/2021 and enquired about upgrading my phone and was told the settlement figure to buyout my contract.

I paid this sum of money then the guy on the other end said what phone was I interested in upgrading to and I advised what I wanted. He did all the usual stuff then told me the order had been parked and it’s been like that for 48hrs now. Had no emails or anything so just wondering why the order has been parked AFTER me paying out the money to buy out my contract. He said it’s normally for fraud checks or something like this but I have 4 other accounts with you for many years so not sure why I’ve been flagged for fraud now and would have been nice to tell me this before I brought out my contract.

anyway how long does one normally wait for the parked order status to change?

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Spoony36,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear that there's an issue with your recent mobile order which is causing some delays and frustration.

An order may be parked for a number of reasons, and how long it takes can vary depending on that, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give you a more definitive timeframe. When did you last speak with the team about this and what have they advised on the matter?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

i spoke to someone yesterday but he just said the same. I need to await a email or a call,when you say time can vary. Are you talking days or weeks as my existing phone is smashed and that’s the reason I did the upgrade due to screen barely visible 

Hi @Spoony36,

I'm afraid that we're unable to carry out any package changes from here, which includes upgrades, downgrades, and cancellations.

I understand that it's not ideal, and I do apologise, but at this stage it'd be best to reach back out to the team on 0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset) so that they can investigate and advise further on your order. They should hopefully be able to provide more of a timescale for you too.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!