Menu
fmbhatti
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unrecognized Virgin Mobile Contract shown on Credit File

Hi,

Having exhausted all avenues I found this forum while researching ID fraud over the internet.  I have all my credit files on monitoring for security and safety because I live and work in US for 15 years now. One of my properties that has been rented out for long and where I am NOT EVEN ON ELECTORAL REGISTER since 2005, has started showing from 13-Oct-2020 a new contract from Virgin Media.

This crime has been reported to Police through Crime Watch. 

A dispute has also been raised through Equifax investigation department.

I would appreciate if I could be provided with a clear directions as to who should I be dealing with to withdraw this from my credit file. This is quite distressing and has tendency to completely destroy the otherwise an immaculate credit history.

I look forward to your swift resolution to this situation before greater damage is done. Thank you!

Regards,

fmbhatti

0 Kudos
fmbhatti
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unrecognized Virgin Mobile Contract shown on Credit File

Hi,
Anyone from the Virgin Support team? please help. Thanks
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is basically a community forum with light touch from the team. As all the boards combined are receiving an unprecedented number of posts requiring team involvement it may be some time before they get to you 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

fmbhatti
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks enlli, I appreciate. I shall wait for the guidance from the VM team.
though I am trying my best for a clue as to who should this be reported to - needless to say that VM general phone support is extremely limited to such a situation.

regards
0 Kudos
fmbhatti
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Can anyone please help in this regard as I have been sent from pillars to posts and no proper fraud reporting department information being provided or available on VM website.

The regular contact number 0345 6000 789 for grievance reporting does not provide option to connect to the fraud department. I have been making numerous calls to this number in a day but in vain.

I desperately need to bring this to VM's attention ASAP in a bid to safeguard my credit history from being destroyed.

Please help!

Regards,

fmbhatti
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi fmbhatti, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I apologise for the experience you've had whilst trying to get this fixed! What I will do is send you over a private message so I can take a look for you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos