Menu
BrandySnap
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unrecognised entry on bank statement

We've been trying on the Virgin website to find where to write about an unrecognised entry on our bank statement.  This is shown as a transaction of £35 to 'Just Answer Membership'.   Having asked our bank to investigate this, they said it is connected to Virgin  outsourcing  customer technical queries to Just Answer, and instructed us to contact Virgin . 

We had paid £5 for Virgin to investigate why our new Sim was not working, giving them our bank details for this payment (although why we should have to pay when something we have been sent by them doesn't work is beyond me).  The query was apparently then outsourced to Just Answer (without our knowledge), who then charged us an additional £35.  'Trust Pilot' shows that there are others to whom this has also happened, and not only once - they continued to take money from their accounts on a monthly basis.

We have spent hours trying to speak to someone at Virgin about this but cannot get through.   We want to make Virgin aware that Just Answer are taking money from our account, that we want our £35 back, and for this not to be repeated every month.  Why has Virgin not got its own IT people to answer queries , and employs unasked for and unwanted people to bill customers without any warning ?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unrecognised entry on bank statement

I will escalate this for a member of the team to take a look.

I have checked who these people are and they are nothing to do with Virgin. Looks somehow you have gone through them and not one of the Virgin contact numbers, the majority of which are free or standard rate 

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/payments-billing

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unrecognised entry on bank statement

Hi BrandySnap,

Thanks for posting on the community forums. I'm sorry to hear there's been an unrecognised payment taken from your account, this doesn't sound right at all. There should be no reason why you've been charged £35 off the back of calling our Mobile Customer Services Team.

I've sent you over a PM so I can look into this further for you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos