Menu
aaronthacker2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unlocking phone and rude staff!

Hi,

Not sure where else to go to really.

I have my old Samsung phone I'd like to give to my family to use but it's locked to Virgin Media and they are on a different network.

I rang up to get the unlock codes and after 1 hour of waiting, before I even explained my full situation, the woman insinuated the phone was stolen because it doesn't have a Virgin Media number! I tried to explain it's not and that I paid for it on a contract along time ago but she kept talking down to me like I'm worthless. Other companies just need the IMEI number to unlock the phone, why does it need a number too?

Then she told me she won't unlock the phone because my records have been deleted and hung up! is this really how you treat your customers? It doesn't make any sense.

I just want to unlock the phone... please help...

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlocking phone and rude staff!

Good Afternoon aaronthcker2,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your poor customer experience with our call handler, this is not the standard we expect our employees to set.

Are you possibly using a handset that has been sold to you with a different SIM card/phone number on a different account number?

If the handset was purchased from Virgin Media, we would be able to produce an unlock code, if this was not purchased from Virgin Media then we would have to advise you to speak to the seller of the handset.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
aaronthacker2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thankyou for your response. I bought the phone from virgin media directly, how do we proceed?

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi aaronthacker2, I am sorry to hear about the experience which you have had and this is one which we do not want you to have with us. Can you confirm if you have been able to get the unlock code since your last message? Can you also confirm the model of the handset? Chris. 

0 Kudos