cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock a Virgin Lobster 485

ATGH
Joining in

I'm pretty much in the same situation this guy here has posted about. I.e. I've dug out an old Lobster 485 that hasn't been used in 10+ years, and have exhausted all avenues in regards to unlocking it.  

I provided the phone's IMEI and phone number for the (now inactive) SIM to Virgin Mobile live chat, but they were unable to locate any record of it in the system.  I also checked multiple third party unlocking sites, but that was a dead end as well.

Thought I'd post about it here in case there's any hope it could be unlocked, especially now since apparently Virgin Mobile is soon to be no more.  In regards to this particular model, there's also the added 'quirk' that it's impossible to extract photos from it, except through MMS (which requires an active SIM).

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ATGH,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for all the trouble you've had to go through to try and get an unlock code from us.

Looking at the outcome of the post attached in your post, it looks like we were unable to obtain an unlock code for this device due to its age, so I'm afraid that we'd be unable to help here. I'm really sorry about that.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Beth