Menu
Highlighted
mohamad1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited Data boost - Broadband not working

Hi,

I have a virgin media account that include the big oomph bundle. I also have a virgin mobile account and I have a few questions regeading the service promise.

As I have one of the oomph packages that promises me virgin service promise I'm unhappy with the promises as it not being carried out.

Unlimited Data Boost

Who is eligible for an unlimited data boost?

All Oomph bundle customers who experience a broadband fault resulting in a total loss of connectivity.

How many SIMs are entitled to the data boost?

All SIMs that you have on your Oomph account are eligible for an unlimited data boost.

How do I ensure I receive a data boost and how quickly is it applied?

Just call 150 or 789 from a Virgin Media landline or a Virgin Mobile handset between 8am and 9pm and we'll be able to add the unlimited data boost immediately. Outside of these hours, the data boost will begin from the next working day.    

How long does my data boost last?

An unlimited data boost lasts for seven days.

If a fault is not fixed in seven days, will I be eligible to receive another unlimited data boost?

Yes. Around 96% of broadband faults are resolved within seven days. But if for any reason a technician hasn’t been able to resolve the issue, an additional boost will be added to the account upon request.

I have asked virgin media agent if I can the unlimited data boost as I'm facing issue with my broadband (hub does not power on) while the agent didn't put the data boost on my 4 virgin media sim card they said the issue which I'm facing doesn't affect my service which does not make sence as I am without internet at home which is corvered by the virgin media service promoise.

From the above which can be found at:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/oomph-bundles under service promoise.

Shouldn't all my virgin mobile sim be entilited to the unlimited data boost then?

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data boost - Broadband not working

I would guess a dead hub would class as a fault in the service?.

For all other SIM's to be included, they would also need to be linked to your Oomph package account, not just SIM's you have in your name on normal mobile accounts.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mohamad1965
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I would think that a dead hub would class as a fault in the service.

For the oomph sim it is linked to my mobile account as well as the other 3 sim cards.

I did attached some images which includes my virgin media account and mobile account but when I post it doesn't let me post so I have attached it to Imgur so that you can view the image..

Virgin Media Account:  https://imgur.com/a/VYvmOz8

Virgin Mobile Account: https://imgur.com/a/0LYO0T0  

🙂

(For security I have hidden the 4 sim phone numbers in the Mobile Account)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi mohamad1965,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for any confusion here. You would get the data added to the mobiles provided they are linked to the same account. However, I can see from the daily and monthly usage, there is no issues showing with the hub. 

If you do require further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mohamad1965
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I think that there is an issue with the hub 3.
So the hub 3 decided to turn on which is great 🙂
The speed are slow which doesn't make sense.
Paying for 300mbs whlist only getting 10mbs over wired connections which is surely wrong.

I don't want to turn off the hub 3 in case it does not power on again.
I will keep you updated on any updates via this thread 🙂

Any help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mohamad1965
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS

I have PM (Private Message) you more information and asked for few more clarification regrading the hub 3 issue and about the Unlimited Data boost .

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Please avoid sending PM's unless asked to do so 🙂

You are correct on the data boost as per the articles shared.

I am sorry for the lower than expected speeds. Has this changed since last night? If not, please do try a reboot for me and then do a wired speedtest with 1 device connected (non-console) at speedtest.net

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mohamad1965
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried restarting the hub like you have said but it will no longer turn on.
Things that I have tried:

I have tried the reset button but that does nothing.
I have made sure that the switch on the Hub is switched on.
I have tried another power outlet and yet this does not help.

Any other suggestion. 😞

I'm without internet and it is a Saturday and kids are complaining. 😞

I will be calling Virgin Media in the morning to ask if anything could be done but I have feeling what they are going to say.

"We need to sent out an engineer"

As I have 4 sim virgin mobile (3 pay monthly and 1 oomph sim on the same account) in total I will be asking the person I speak to can I get the unlimited data boost on each sim cards whlist this issue is fixed as then I won't be without internet.

I have requested this as stated in my previous post but was denied by the agent.

@John_GS Urgent matter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mohamad1965
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just an update:

I called Virgin Media at 02:10am and spoke to someone and they said there an issue with the hub and have ordered a replacement hub to be sent to me which they said take upto 5 working days.

I had enquired about the unlimited data boost for my 4 virgin mobile sim cards while this issue is being sorted out and I was told to call back and ask in the morning as the oomph team would be able to handle this.

From my previous time asking about the unlmited data to be appiled to my sim cards I was denied so I was just wondering if the support here can help me with regrads to that.

Will await your reply.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post mohamed1965 and I'm sorry to hear of your broadband issues. 

We will seek to have the issues resolved as soon as we possibly can, with the new hub being sent out to you I see in a previous message.

The oomph team will be able to take your call on this matter, but we don't have a function to do this on the 3 SIM cards on our Community Forums

Please liaise with them to discuss further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos