Menu
NathanT
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited Data SIM speeds

Hello,

So, I have just signed up to an Unlimited Data SIM plan, I am getting TERRIBLE speeds of less than 1MB and when I am in town centre getting 2-3MB which is obviously not capable of doing pretty much anything.

My girlfriend I live with is also on Virgin on a SIM only plan, she gets anywhere from 30-65MB in the house and this can rise in town centre.

I have tried swapping our SIM's over and the correct data speeds follow in both devices, so it is not a hardware issue. I have also gotten a new SIM from Virgin and activated this to no avail.

Does anybody have any insight? I am worried it is because I am on Unlimited they are heavily throttling the data speeds and signal although it states that they do not do this. Otherwise it is following my Number/Account from SIM to SIM and I don't know why.

A SIM swap is all we can try says the Virgin customer service staff so I am well and truly stuck.

Many thanks, Nathan.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data SIM speeds

If it is a new SIM it could be on Vodafone and your girlfriend still on EE  (Only a guess)

But I have to admit I have been with Vodafone for 2 years and never had a speed problem. 49 Mbs at the moment on a low signal 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NathanT
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data SIM speeds

Just got off the phone again with them and you are exactly right, they have said data speeds are really slow in my area for Voda and she is in fact on EE they assume. Cancelled, bloody shame though it was a good deal!

0 Kudos