cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Virgin Media bills, unrecognised by VM telephone help convo and difficulty accessing V Mobile

Alysjb
Joining in

We have a Media package that I pay for by BACS and used to have three phones on Mobile that have now all been migrated to O2. On 28th November we were billed, twice, by "Virgin Media" for £18 and £38. I called Virgin Media and was informed that they had no record of these payments, but the CS agent, Tina, didn't seem overly interested in the reference numbers I offered, just reiterated that there was no record of these payments. I have tried to contact Virgin Mobile, but because we now have O2 phones, the help keeps defaulting to the numbers for their service. If I try using the Virgin mobile text messaging service tree, it gives me the same phone number I used to contact Tina (which took an hour to connect, btw). All I want to do is find out if these payments are legitimate and if so, what for, get refunds if they're not, or contact my bank to block if they're fraudulent, but I can't get any information. Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t cancel the Direct Debit until the issue is resolved. Even if VM do owe you money their accounts could still mark you as in default if you cancel it and it’s then very difficult to get removed from the credit agencies. You need to wait for a VM member of staff to get to your post, it may take 2 or 3 days.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t cancel the Direct Debit until the issue is resolved. Even if VM do owe you money their accounts could still mark you as in default if you cancel it and it’s then very difficult to get removed from the credit agencies. You need to wait for a VM member of staff to get to your post, it may take 2 or 3 days.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Alysjb,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your billing, I would like to look into this further with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Alysjb,

Thanks for joining me in that private message, glad we could get to the bottom of this, if you do require anything further then please do let us know.

Joe

I'm glad you warned me not to stop the direct debits. They were legitimate, just mislabelled (sort of). I could have been in trouble if I'd stopped them.