cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground wifi

Sal29
Tuning in

Unable to connect to the underground wifi.

Please give detailed steps on connecting.

Regards,

Sal

45 REPLIES 45

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Sal29, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

Please go to this link for some tips and advice this will give you some guidance to it. 

It can be accessed and used via any Wi-Fi enabled device - smart phones, tablets, and laptops - and is available

in ticket halls, corridors, on escalators, and on station platforms but not in tunnels between stations. However, once the train arrives at the next station, customers will automatically reconnect. 

Stations where this is not currently available are Heathrow T5, Kensington Olympia, and Willesden Junction Tube stations. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

This app is not providing the correct profile. The SSID list in the profile doesn't contain any that you see on the Tube network. 

Hey TRY1968, thank you for reaching out out and I am sorry to hear this. 

Please can you let me know if you get any errors at all or can you not see nothing to do with the Virgin Network? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

IMG_3970.png

This is the list of WiFi SSIDs seen at a typical Tube station.  

IMG_4020.png

•  This is the list of networks installed by the Virgin Media connect app. 

• you can see that there is no common SSID. 

• this is why nothing is working!

Thank you for reaching out and letting me know this.

Have you tried downloading the Connect app and connecting through the app at all? 

For it to work you would need to connect through the connect app, did the above link help you at all? ^MM 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The list of profiles i posted was generated by the connect app this morning. I checked it's the most recent version. 

I have just got this checked and unfortunately we have now closed down our WIFI network for the London underground I am sorry for any problem this may cause.

We closed this down on the 31st March 2023. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

You closed it down on the 29th but you didn't put into place any provision for moving people to the VMO2 network which is carried by the BAI group's service on WiFi Extra. iPhone users need a profile to access that SSID. The app does not provide that profile. As VMO2 users don't have an O2 account they can't use O2's profile provisioning app. 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

We’re aware that some customers have reported issues with the service and we’re currently looking into it.

From 31st March, Virgin Media will no longer host WiFi on the London Underground. The good news is, if you’ve got a SIM with Virgin Mobile, O2, giffgaff, Tesco Mobile, EE, BT, Three or Vodafone, you’ll still be able to connect to the TFL WiFi. The connection should be automatic but if you use the Connect app to get online, then you’ll need to re-connect to WiFi Extra through your settings.
If you have a SIM with someone else, please check with your provider to make sure you can still access the service. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?