cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Wifi - Virgin Mobile???

Wildawg
Joining in

What's up with VirginMobile customers no longer being able to connect to stations' (underground/tube) wifi? Rumor on the street is we now need to connect to an alternative provider (wifi extra or o2)?, but neither is working. Been a couple of weeks now, and my frustration is growing. Any solutions or fixes yet? This is a value-add that has become important for many (given the way people work nowadays), but alas I've lost the ability to stay connected... giving your competitors the advantage. 

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wildawg 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

The use of our Wi-Fi Hotspots has been declining in recent years. Maintaining a network of over 4 million hotspots is a significant expense, and with traffic on the decline, as well as increased usage over 4G or 5G mobile services, we want to continue investing in and providing the services our customers use and value the most.
Virgin Media customers with a mobile device will still be able to access Wi-Fi on the London Underground. From April 1st 2023, they will need to sign up and register for the new BAI/TFL service.

Are you getting any error messages whilst trying to connect though via the other method? If it's asking for username etc, this is something we're aware of and working hard to fix asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By the threads on here it seems Virgin Customers cannot access as above and Virgin are supposed to be working on it.  

Meanwhile, with the return of Vodafone, Virgin have the distinction of being the only network not working on the Tube

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks