Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Uncoupling SIMS from Family Plan

Hello,

I’m looking for help in uncoupling two sims that are on a Family plan. The end of the 12 month contract period is up for the Family plan and I would like to have both sims revert back to the plan that was in place prior to joining them them under the family plan (this was confirmed as being possible by a Virgin mobile rep). The issue isn’t straight forward as each time we call in to Virgin, we speak to a different representative on the phone and there is a different story. Currently, I am being told that if I want to remove the sims from the Family plan, the family plan admin will be able to maintain the original phone deal, while the other will have to either go to another company, if they wish to keep their number, or they can stay with Virgin, but on a new number and new contract.

Can anyone please assist in separating the two sims so each person can have control of their sim and their usage, while keeping their number and service with Virgin. I am quite happy (with the exception of some customer service reps) with Virgin and would like to keep you as a provider.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Uncoupling SIMS from Family Plan

Hi DrOp, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we are busier than usual. 

So if you'[re looking to remove it from your account then we don't need to remove it from the Family Plan exactly, what we'd need to do is change the number in question to PAYG. Once this has been done we'd then need to register it in the persons name and then run a credit check to change it back to a plan. It can be a little long winded. 

We'd also need to speak to both parties at the same time to confirm this is what is wanted. 

Is this what you wanted to do? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Uncoupling SIMS from Family Plan

Emma,

Thanks for the reply.

I was actually trying to have the two sims that are under a family plan removed from the family plan with ownership of the sims reverting back to the original owners. As it sits, I had my sim put under the family plan with my wife and she is the admin of the family plan. This meant, for some strange reason, that my sim was no longer registered to me and that I had no control over my sim. I wanted my sim taken off the family plan and placed back in my name.

I have taken steps since my original post to rectify this in that I have switched companies. I had to get my wife to attain a PAC for me as I don't have the right to do this but I'm transferred over now. I like the idea of the family plan but I am not sure as to why one person has to relinquish ownership of their sim. Surely there must be a better way.

Thanks again for your time.

0 Kudos