cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable Upgrade offer from O2

roy247
Community elder

Signed into My O2 account today and got the chance to upgrade, all I had to do was pay £162 to pay my next 12 months of my existing contract and then the cheapest option was to start paying £17.99 a month to double my data which I currently don't use anyway and pay £13 a month for and due to go up to £14.14. Why would anyone want to pay off your next year's contract to take out a more expensive deal and start paying the new price straight away. The was no indication that you would receive that payment as a credit to your new deal.

Maybe I should have posted this on the Volt board.

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @roy247, thank you for your post.

Just to confirm, did you receive an O2 SIM card on the back of signing up to a Volt bundle?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel_Et,

Yes I do have a O2 sim with my Volt bundle, I was just trying to highlight the fact that it didn't seem such a great offer to upgrade my present Sim from £13 a month to one that was going to cost £17.99 a month and pay off my current contract for £162, it would mean my new contract price would effectively be costing me £24.75 a month. 

Not much of a special offer in my opinion.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's just a notice O2 put up on all accounts, just take no notice.

When it's time to upgrade think about going through USwitch. With Volt I'm on 64GB for £8

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks