cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use mobile in Greece

Mort
On our wavelength

I have just come back from Rhodes in Greece and was unable to use my mobile, if I manually searched for a network there was a long list of providers but each had a symbol against them that looked like a no entry sign.Roaming appears to be enabled and the apn looks ok also the phone has been powered on and off a few times but no joy any thoughts !

I am going again in 2 months time and would like to be able to use the phone.

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Mort,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of your issues whilst in Greece.

Did you enable roaming before you left the UK?

Did anybody in your party have a similar issue?

Regards,

Steven_L

Mort
On our wavelength
Hi Steven - I checked my account and it shows that roaming is on and I am the only person in the party

Thank you for that information. I would like to look into this further for you. 

I will private message you to get your details.

^Martin

In Rhodes, just make sure you know the names of the Greek operators (cosmote wind and Vodafone greece from memory).

You don't want to connect to Turkish networks as they'll charge you.

Best to manually connect to one of the above, hopefully it'll work next time.

Hi  - I tried to manually connect and there was quite a long list of providers (some 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G but all had a symbol against which was a circle with a line through it - so no connection.

Thanks any way

Mort
On our wavelength

Sorry for the late reply - roaming worked after using the Virgin app whose icon looks like a SIM card and selected roaming national and international.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mort

Good morning and thank you for your reply.

Absolutely great to hear your roaming is now working and thank you for feeding back on how you managed to fix this.

Please do be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance, thank you for your time and have a great day!

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs