Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to upgrade Mobile - marker on account

I have been trying to upgrade my phone which is out of Contract since Monday. Spoken to an agent and have used both the text and online chat. I keep being told there is a marker preventing me from upgrading and it is with a "back office" team and to wait. I've waited the 2 days I was initially told and am now being told to wait a further 2 days. Really annoying as when I Iook on the website the Black Friday deal I wanted seems to have gone. I am also unable to log onto my mobile account online - I get the message "oops you've caught us hard at work" (I wish!).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to upgrade Mobile - marker on account

Hi 123458,

Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for the delay in response. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues upgrading your phone with us. 

If there is a flag preventing this on the account, we would need to take a closer look to understand what this is. 

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and take a look. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Still unable to help - every time I contact Virgin i get told it will be another 3 to 5 days. Its been 11 days now. I have raised 3 complaints and even emailed VM CEO but had no reply. I'm told the marker is an error and related to my contract being paid off. Totally fed up with VM customer service!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 123458, 

Thank you for your post. 

We are very sorry for the delays and will update you as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

watching with interest as I've had this exact same issue. Doesn't leave me feeling particularly valued, despite being a loyal customer

Tags (1)
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this? It has now been 2 weeks since I was told it would be 5 days maximum, moreover unless you honour the offer your agent made last Monday I will miss being able to take advantage of any Black Friday offers. Still unable to access my account online also. 

On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with VM then Kirsty - I was told 2 weeks ago it would be 3 to 5 days and since then I have spoken, webchatted and messaged on this board. Every time I speak I get told it will be another 3 to 5 days. Its disgraceful service, they just don't seem bothered. I have emailed the CEO Lutz Schuler (twice) and had no reply, today I have emailed the Online Disputes Resolution Team.

Issue is at their end -  contract on the phone was paid off last month and they need to clear a marker. I have spent hours trying to sort this but am no further, Really disappointed as the Black Friday deals end today. Agent I spoke to last Monday assured me they would honour whatever deal I originally contacted them about but it seems their promises mean very little on the strength of what I've seen so far! In the meantime I am unable to access my account online so don't actually know what data plan I am on now the contract has ended.

Tags (1)
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update - VM messaged me to confirm that the marker put on my account in error has been lifted after 2 and a half weeks, however the agent who messaged me was unable to do an upgrade. Missed Black Friday now so currently waiting to see if they will keep their promise to contact me and offer me enhanced deals I missed on account of their error. 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Latest on this - private message saying they cant arrange for a callback (very helpful thanks!) so I spent from 10.00 am to 19.00 on Webchat being passed from one agent to another giving all my details repeatedly and as expected they refused to keep their promise on offering the package I missed due to their error. Finally told at 14.45 I would be put through to a manager although it could take up to 2 hours and was left hanging. Finally gave up at 19.00 after literally wasting a whole day. Have given up on VM and will take it through an independent complaints service. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos