Menu
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to speak to anyone to cancel an Oomph sim contract

Good Afternoon

One year ago I took out a Broadband and Telephone contract with Virgin Media. As part of the package I was given a free sim card. My Broadband contract does not end until November 2020 but the Sim contract ends on 24th August 2020. 

I want to cancel the Sim contract and not renew it at all. I have been going around in circles trying to sort this out. 

Every single number I call including 789 and 0345 454 1111 all have the same recorded messages which do not allow you to speak to a human being. The recording offers you a text link to go to the website. There is no option for me to cancel the sim on the website. 

I have also tried the text messaging service above on 07533016422 and been given exactly the same advice. 

I also tried to get through by making a complaint. Guess what! The complaint line has exactly the same recorded message as above. I submitted the online complaint form for Broadband as there is not a complaint form for a mobile. When I submitted this there was no evidence it went through as I was instantly taken back to a blank complaint form.

Can someone please help me to speak to a human being about cancelling my sim contract? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to speak to anyone to cancel an Oomph sim contract

It's dealt with by the team on 150 from your Virgin Landline.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As stated previously all telephone numbers have recorded messages and do not let you speak to a human being. 

I have however made a call to the Broadband team as this was the only number I could get to speak to a person on. They have advised me that as the free Sim was part of my Broadband package then I should not be charged anything further for the Sim when that contract ends on 24th August 2020. The Broadband and Phone side of the contract does not end until November 2020. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi molly1752,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have had attempting to speak with the team. 

Sadly cancellation isn't something we would action on our forum site. Have you been able to try our Text message service via: +44753 301 6422

^Martin

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Martin_N for your reply.

Please see the above message for my response posted on Saturday. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My apologies I didn't see that. On the SMS service did you speak directly with an agent? Also what message did you put when you initially texted in?

^Martin

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes after about 24 hours I received a response from the SMS service. They couldn't help me and told me to ring the numbers I'd already been ringing. When you ring the numbers you get a message telling you to go online and no option to wait in a queue to be answered which I would have been happy to do if I got to speak to a human being at the end of it. In my initial SMS I explained exactly what the problem was in as few words as possible. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for that information. Due to the issues you have had with this. What I will do is private message you so we can look to try and assist with this.

^Martin

0 Kudos