cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Mobile Online Account

BenC1
Joining in

I'm trying to set up a Virgin Mobile online account for my phone, but it keeps asking for a "password" that I don't have, that was supposedly set up when I bought the phone. If I try to log in saying I forgot my password, the Virgin site says I'm not in the system. Any attempts to reset a password tell me to call 789

I tried calling 789 to reset or find information on my password, but they just asked for another password and said they couldn't find any information on my account. They said there was no way to get into any information on the phone number without a password, but I have no idea what it could be.

Is there any other way to reset my password/register for an online account?

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello BenC1

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced setting up the online account to manager your mobile account, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

On a mobile account, a password reminder should be set up. Have any of the agents you have spoken to offered this at all? 

Can you also confirm when the mobile account was set up/order completed? It can take a couple of days for all of the details to update and allow the online account to be set up.

Rob

The phone handset and mobile contract were purchased in April 2017, currently I'm no longer locked into the contract but am still provided by Virgin Mobile/4G.

To my knowledge, no online account was set up for my phone/contract, or if it was I have no access or knowledge of a password. The person I spoke to did not mention any password reminder, only asking for the 2nd character of the password, which I obviously don't know.

When calling and speaking to the team they should be asking for 3 random characters from the password, not just one. If you're the account holder and unable to give the characters requested they can ask additional security questions and once answered should then reset the password for you, sorry this hasn't happened.

What are you looking to do via your online account BenC1?

Rob