Menu
PTB1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to sent txt or make calls

I have an old payg 2g phone used for emergencies. 
it still has credit.

it will accept calls but I can’t send txt or make calls
txt remains in out box and when making a call to any number or network, message on screen says call forwarding and a voice message states cannot connect, or words to that effect.

SIM card is Virgin mobile

screen says connected to t mobile network, and I have 4 out of 5 bars so strong signal

so far I’ve

done factory reset on phone

removed battery for 12 hours

removed, cleaned and reinstalled sim card

still no luck

any suggestions

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to sent txt or make calls

Hello

When was the last chargeable call / text made as per T&C there has to be a chargeable calls / text made at least every 90 days to keep the card active, Virginmedia have not used T-Mobile for a long time it should either be connected to EE or Vodaphone.

What colour is the sim in the phone the newer SIMs are red and purple where older sims were just red, you should have had a replacement SIM at some point if you just have the Red one.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PTB1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for message

It’s a purple sim, issued last november

not sure when I last made a call on it as history wiped when I did a factory reset.

is the ninety day usage really ninety days or do they issue a warning or give a grace period. I don’t recall seeing any messages

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid that the time is 90 days there is no grace period or warning the number / sim will be terminated as well as lose of any credit.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos