Menu
MarkMoC
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send or receive SMS

I'm currently unable to send or receive texts. Was working fine yesterday but nothing this morning.

Have restarted phone, tried sim in another device, checked storage is free and can receive calls and data working fine.

Any advice would be handy as need texts for 2 step verification on numerous services. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
ARD
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send or receive SMS

Can you text other Virgin users?. There is an issue between Virgin and Tesco networks at the moment not being able to send/receive texts

0 Kudos
nmccarroll91
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Same thing with me. I'm able to text one particular contact who is on 3 but can't text anyone else, and I'm not receiving any texts from them either.

This is an issue as I too need my phone for work to verify access to certain programmes but cant due to not receiving the texts! 

0 Kudos
Dolodin
Just joined
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Same here. I also work with people around the country (from London to Scotland) who are experiencing the same issues. I'm unable to receive verification texts through my remote working authenticator, and even texts from a friend (who is on giffgaff/O2) aren't coming through.

Called support, they detected no issues with the towers, but reset my network profile and told me to manually search / reselect the network in my phone's settings and restart the device. 

After doing so, I was able to send and receive ONE verification number from the remote access app, but none of the previous ones came through, nor did my friend's text. Now it's gone back to doing it.

Another thing which may or may not be relevant, in my iPhone X's mobile network settings where you can choose "automatic" or manually select the network in the list, if I select Virgin, after a few seconds or so, it deselects it again 😞

villa4ever
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Also an issue between virgin and o2.  Haven't been able to send or receive one since last night!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Posts coming in thick and fast

Definitely a network problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
villa4ever
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Its a shame nobody at virgin seems to understand the problem though!🤬🤬🤬

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the posts.

Were any of you able to try the SIM card in an alternative handset? 

Are you still having some issues with this? 

If so can we also please confirm if it's specific type of numbers?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
villa4ever
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't able to try sim in another phone.  The problem seems to have corrected itself now.  My issue was with contact's on o2.  

0 Kudos
MarkMoC
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I had tried mine in another device and had the same issue. Fortunately whilst being on the phone to Customer Services trying all manner of resets, more reports of the same issue were coming in. This was then flagged as a network issue. 

For me at least it was resolved late in the afternoon. I don't use sms much except for verification purposes and so far that has continued to work. 

Fingers crossed others have had a similar resolution. 

0 Kudos