Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to see or access mobile account

I have been trying to sort a problem with my mothers account since Tuesday.  She is elderly and very stressed, her pay as you go has jumped up enormously- it does not make sense, she is crying with worry.

I have tried everything to get through. I cannot reset password as it says the details not recognised.

Appalling service and very scary for an old person whose phone is only means of contacy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to see or access mobile account

Oh Dear, Sounds as if your mother has been put on the new Daily Rate when Virgin decided to remove old PAYG tariffs.

It is horrendously expensive for anyone that makes the odd call or text message. £2 for the first call and £2 for the first text in any one day. And if she uses data, there is another £2. 

Virgin do have what they call Jam Packs that give you various monthly allowances.

Have a look

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-go-jam-packs

If they are not suitable then the only option is to leave. However, finding a good PAYG deal may be difficult as networks phase the old traditional PAYG out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this answer - next question is how do I leave do I need to give notice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

With PAYG you don't have to give notice, but you won't get a refund on your balance.

If your mother does not want to keep her number then I would simply take the SIM out and stop using it. Under the new Terms and Conditions it will expire automatically in 90 days.

If she does want to keep her number then try the following using the Text method in the first instance 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-how-do-i-cancel-my-contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos