Menu
charliescat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to resolve problem PAC Code

I really hope someone can help me. Currently losing my mind over this issue.

I’ve been trying to contact Virgin Mobile for over a week now. I’m trying to get a PAC code to leave because I’ve had so many issues in the past, I’ve just decided enough is enough.

My problem is I cannot get a PAC code. I cannot access any support or help. The online ‘help’ seems to take me round in circles without actually resolving my issue.

I’ve signed into my online account and requested it through the link and it’s says

“Oops looks like something went wrong, please try again later”.

So I try the text by putting PAC then my date of birth as requested. I get a text back saying

“Sorry, our bad. We're having a few technical problems and can't do that for you right now. Please try again later when we should be back up and running.”

So I try the text again, and again then i get another text saying

“Unfortunately, you have exceeded the maximum number of requests by text permitted in one day. Please retry tomorrow or alternatively you can call us on 789 to get your switching information”

So I ring 789 and it’s says all the call centres are closed.

I then go through on the text number and explain my issue and the response I get is

“ This is Virgin Mobile Messaging and we cannot do cancellation of accounts. As much as the Messaging team would love to assist you with this, unfortunately, there are certain processes the team are restricted to do”

I explain my situation and ask for a call back and I was ignored.

I’m totally out of options and I’ve been doing this text/call/online account options, daily for days now and I’m now paying for and carrying 2 phones around which is a massive pain and should not be happening.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance 😊

It’s been like this for over a week and I just need some help.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to resolve problem PAC Code

Right. I've now been able to get clarification from the team regarding this.

It appears if you have the old red SIM card and are due the be migrated to one of the new purple ones it will not go through.

Only way is to ask customer service to cancel the migration and then issue the PAC

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

charliescat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for replying. I haven’t had a new SIM come through, but that could be the issue. 

Do you have any idea when the call centres are open again? 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They are open but seem to shut when they get busy. 

I got through at 8am

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

charliescat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, I managed to speak to somebody via text last night from the Mobile team, they cancelled the new Sim change over and I was able to get my PAC code this morning. Thank you so much for your help, I told them what you said about the Sim needing to be cancelled before the PAC code could be issued and they did it straight away! 
Once again, thank you 😊😊

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much for  the update there @charliescat

This is something that our team has managed to escalate to be investigated for those customers who are impacted. I know the time has passed for you, but if other customers are on this thread and are having the same issue, please head to our dedicated thread  below:

PAC/STAC - Pending SIM migration

Cheers again for letting us know how you got on. Appreciate the thread update. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TrevorMoody
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But that thread is not being supported

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting TrevorMoody

I am sorry your experiences have led you to wishing to leave Virgin Mobile.  Can I ask if you're still wishing to obtain a PAC?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos