Menu
David1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register my new oomph sim card

I recently joined Virgin Media. My TV and Broadband has been set up and I have received my SIM in the post. I followed the set up guide and I am going round in circles. When I try to register it asks me for a password (I have no idea what this is and don't recall setting one up). When I click on forgotten my password it directed me to call, I did this and the guy took a few details and then asked me for a password!! spent 15 mins on the phone and at the end he told me that I would need to register the SIM card (that's what I was trying to do when I called!!). Any Help on this would be appreciated as its very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register my new oomph sim card

Never use Virgin Mobile Customer Service to register as the SIM cards are under Virgin Media and, as they say, never the twain shall meet!

Ring 150 from your Virgin Media Landline and ask to speak to the Oomph team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post David1977 and welcome to our community.

Do you still require some assistance with this? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
David1977
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

Thanks for the response, Il be honest I gave up. I have not had the best experience when having to phone up, I have just kept my existing provider for calls etc and have inserted the second sim card in my phone and set it to use that one for data. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David1977,

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at this to help you 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos