cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive texts from some contacts after moving to Virgin

SusieJohn
Joining in

I don't receive texts from anyone using Talk Mobile or Three. Intermittently messages do come through as chat instead of SMS which is apparently impossible. After changing my number from Vodafone to Virgin some text messages were still going to my old mobile with the old  Vodafone sim in it even though I couldn't send a message as it said no connection. Can anyone help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SusieJohn 

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having since you transferred over to Virgin mobile.

When did you submit your PAC code to change over and have you had any confirmation that this has been actioned?

Are you able to make, receive calls and use your data connection?

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SusieJohn 

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having since you transferred over to Virgin mobile.

When did you submit your PAC code to change over and have you had any confirmation that this has been actioned?

Are you able to make, receive calls and use your data connection?

Regards,

Steven_L

SusieJohn
Joining in

Hi Steve

My Pac went through a month ago and Vodafone confirmed everything is closed on my account.  

All functions work on my phone except receiving texts from talk mobile and Three.

I can text my friend but her reply goes back to her undelivered.

While on the phone to Virgin , with something being reset at their end suddenly my text to her changed colour and I could see she had read the message.  I could then see moving dotts indicating she was typing then the reply to my text came through. I know this usually happens when messages are sent over the Internet and virgin do not have this facility but never the less this happened for the next 5 min with 2 different friends. Suddenly my texts changed back to their original colour and I could no longer receive texts from them. This scenario happened twice for a few minutes in the hour virgin were trying options without me changing any setting. 

Thanks for trying to help

Sue

Thanks for coming back to us @SusieJohn.

I have looked into this further for you and I have logged this with our IT support team.

I will be back in touch once the team comes back with their resolution.

The team can take up to 5 workings days for this to be resolved but I will be in touch once they have responded to me.

Regards,

Steven_L