Menu
Venom57
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive text messages for several weeks

Help needed please, noticed I am having problems receiving text messages for several weeks. Been unable to receive any messages from family friends for 10 days. Managed to ring Virgin who inform me that everything ok at their end. Advised to turn phone off, turn it back on and then send text to someone on my contact list. Did this and not received text back, I know they sent a reply, I saw a screen shot of it, which was sent on messenger. Last messages I received were from Asda 2 days after my shopping was delivered, they should have arrived before shopping delivered...contained important information regarding shopping!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to receive text messages for several weeks

Hi Venom57

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with receiving text messages. Has this happened since any changes with the SIM or handset?

Can you please confirm if this is happening in a certain location or everywhere?

Can you also confirm the colour of the SIM you have with us?

Thank you 

Nat
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to receive text messages for several weeks

@Natalie_L wrote:

Hi Venom57

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with receiving text messages. Has this happened since any changes with the SIM or handset?

Can you please confirm if this is happening in a certain location or everywhere?

Can you also confirm the colour of the SIM you have with us?

Thank you 

It will be due to WiFi calling being enabled, as per:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Not-recieving-texts-through-Wifi-Calling/td-p/423... 

OP if you disable WiFi calling do texts come through?