Menu
Angiejholman
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive calls or texts

Hello,

I have spent hours on the phone to virgin support over the last week and I have lost count of how many people I have spoken to.

I ported my old number from EE (completed on 10th May supposedly). Since then I have been able to make calls and send text messages but not receive any calls or messages from landlines or other mobile networks (virgin mobile calls will connect).

From research this seems to be a ‘split port’ issue. I have gone through all basic trouble shooting with the virgin helpline but to no avail. I have tried settings on the handset (handset works with other SIM cards), tried my SIM in another handset (problem persists), I have waited for a new SIM to be delivered (problem persists). 

I have just spoken again to the help desk and they have raised a ticket and I am being told to wait another 3-5 days and someone will be in touch, although they can ring so o was told that they ‘might’ email or send post?!?!?

I am getting extremely frustrated, I need to get this sorted so that I can receive a verification SMS from my bank…an unacceptable inconvenience.

I hope an agent will pick this up and be able to help resolve my issue promptly, otherwise I will have to make use of the 14 day refund period. 

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive calls or texts

You would prob be better in the dedicated mobile section of the forum.
0 Kudos
ashpole
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It took me three weeks to get a similar issue resolved after I ported two numbers from Three. Then other issues came to light so I paid the exit fee and left.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angiejholman,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for taking your time to post here.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to receive calls and texts since porting your number over to us. I appreciate that you've mentioned that you've completed all the troubleshooting checks, however can you please firstly confirm what mobile handset you have?

If you have an Apple device, can you please head over to the 'Phone' section of your settings and ensure that your correct mobile number has been entered? If a different number is showing, this would cause issues with receiving iMessages and calls.

Let me know and we can go from there 🙂

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos