cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

JohnB17
Joining in

Suddenly we are unable to make outgoing calls.  We get dial tone and can start typing number but after about 4 digits it says "The number you have dialled has not been recognised, please check and try again"

We can receive incoming calls ok

We are using our Panasonic cordless phones as normal, neither phone makes a difference

15 REPLIES 15

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JohnB17, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues making any outgoing calls on your landline.

I have checked our system and have seen a potential cause of this issue which I will need to confirm your details via PM to discuss. Please look out for the PM on the purple envelope.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

No progress today on the possible cause of my problem ?

How do I claim compensation ?

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @JohnB17, I'm glad to hear the team are arranging for this to be resolved.

If you need anything further please let me know.

Regards

Nath

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

hi, i have the same error... can you help by sharing the root cause of the problem?

thx

Hi desperate_dan, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the calls. 

Can you try an alternative handset to see if you are getting the same issue?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Ciotog13
Tuning in
  • Hi there, I'm suddenly unable to make outgoing calls. It tells me "this number is not recognised". I've tried fixing the phone settings as instructed on website, it hasn't worked. Xiaomi android phone.

Hi Ciotog13, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to make outgoing calls. 

Mobile calls use the same part of the network for incoming and outgoing, can you confirm if you also have issues with SMS? 

Can you perform a network search to see if anything changes?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Thanks for the reply. I can send text messages.
I don't have any option on my Xiaomi phone to "perform a network search"... however it is the "automatically selected network" on my phone, if that helps. I tried exploring all SIM/network settings and can't find anything of that calibre.

Hi @Ciotog13,

Thank you for expanding on this. Would you mind confirming what make and model of handset you're using, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!