cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

Stevego
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hope somebody can help - I'm at the end of my tether.

Unable to make outgoing calls - all other phone/text functions working OK. 

Got a replacement SIM as the original fault moved with the SIM, NOT the phone.

Installed replacement SIM exactly the same problem. Spent over an hour on Apple Support call checked everything, reset network setting etc. Conclusion was that fault was with SIM or Network provider. 

OK then two hours on Virgin WhatsApp Support again all the same stuff - fault moves with the SIM card, Wife's working iPhone SIM put in my phone works OK - put my SIM in her iPhone and unable to make calls. Both phones on IOS15.3.

Was told to contact Faults Team on 789. I have spent all day trying to resolve this problem. Beginning to think the only way out is to move to another network provider and transfer number.

Help please.

Steve 

50 REPLIES 50

I've tried in a different handset. And the problem started in my old handset of the A71 

Thanks

Hi @Jodiec,

To clarify, are you saying that the issue remains when the SIM card is inserted into a different handset?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Jodiec,

Thank you for confirming. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some additional details and have a closer look at things.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

nathanrouse
Joining in

Sad to report I am having the exact same issue with no resolution with changing SIM cards around or rebooting phone/network settings.

Does anyone know of any fix that has been successfully suggested for this problem?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nathanrouse

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post.

Sorry to hear about your issue, I will drop you a private message now to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I’m having this exact issue, all outbound calls stop immediately after a couple of beeps. Has anybody found a solution?

The handset works with a sim from a different provider, and the problem persists when my virgin sim is used in another handset.

Any help would be appreciated 

Hi there @Iriswoodhead

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your phone.

Is the same for receiving calls and texts? 

Thank you. 

Hi @Ashleigh_C 

I can receive calls and texts fine. The problem is only when trying to make outbound calls.

Thanks for your help

Hey there @Iriswoodhead, thanks for the reply.

I will look in to this for you and send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs