cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls

Stevego
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hope somebody can help - I'm at the end of my tether.

Unable to make outgoing calls - all other phone/text functions working OK. 

Got a replacement SIM as the original fault moved with the SIM, NOT the phone.

Installed replacement SIM exactly the same problem. Spent over an hour on Apple Support call checked everything, reset network setting etc. Conclusion was that fault was with SIM or Network provider. 

OK then two hours on Virgin WhatsApp Support again all the same stuff - fault moves with the SIM card, Wife's working iPhone SIM put in my phone works OK - put my SIM in her iPhone and unable to make calls. Both phones on IOS15.3.

Was told to contact Faults Team on 789. I have spent all day trying to resolve this problem. Beginning to think the only way out is to move to another network provider and transfer number.

Help please.

Steve 

50 REPLIES 50

Skyblueboy
Joining in

Hi Steve,

I have had the same issue as you since February and I am no nearer a resolution, I have had endless calls with Virgin Mobile Technical team and was on the phone with them for 50 minutes earlier on today.  It's so frustrating.

I have tried to escalate my issue to a Manager but they are always (conveniently) unavailable, the Technical team member tells me a manager will call me when they become available but I never receive the call.

I previously raised my issue with CISAS who investigated my complaint.  I received an response from CISAS in April stating that "Virgin Mobile have stated that it has offered the customer a settlement in full".  After I investigated this further I found out I was supposed to have received £50 in compensation and the outgoing call issue being resolved.  Virgin Mobile have never given me compensation and still continue to take out my monthly payments.

I am no technical boff, but I would guess that Virgin Mobile know of this problem but do not know how to resolve it.

I have absolutely no confidence in Virgin Mobile.

Matt

Hi Skyblueboy, 

Thank you for posting on our community forum. Sorry to see you are not having a good journey with us so far. The ticket that had been raised regarding the mobile issue has been marked as fixed, can you please try and reboot your handset and it should all be working, please let us know. 
In regards your complaint, I will have to private message you, watch out for the purple envelope. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Stevego
On our wavelength

Hi Skilyblueboy,

Did it work?????

Regards

Stevegi

Hi Skyblueboy, 

Sorry for the delay in getting the private message to you. It looks as though you have PM's disabled meaning we are unable to send the PM. 

Can you please enable these in your account settings by following these steps: 

• Click on your username at the top right of your page 
  • Select Edit Profile
  • Select Preferences
  • Select Private Messages
  • Tick the 'Turn on private messages' box
  • Press save

Once you've done this pop a post back here so we can then help you further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Did anyone find a solution to this?! 

I have the same, had 2 new sim cards and a new phone. Still doesn't work. Multiple times on chat and on faults team calls. Just keep sending me new sim cards?! 

Very very frustrating when I use my phone alot for work purposes too. Having to phone bosses and things through WhatsApp isn't exactly great!

Hi @Jodiec,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're facing some problems making outgoing calls. What happens exactly when you try to make one? Does this happen wherever you are and wherever you go, or is it only happening within a certain area?

Can you also confirm if you have any issues receiving calls or with any other of your Virgin Mobile services?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Same as the start of this thread.

Makes 2 short beeps and then the call ends. 

No certain area, just never works and it's the same, 2 short beeps and phone goes down. 

No other issues using anything, receiving call, making/receiving texts, using data all fine. 

Thanks

Hi @Jodiec,

Thank you for expanding on this. Can you confirm what model of handset you have? Along with that, can you confirm any other troubleshooting and diagnostics you've carried out thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Samsung Galaxy A53 5G.

WiFi calling on and off. Automatic network on and off. Just connected to virgin. Refreshed network settings. Reset phone. Flight mode on and off. Tried chaging the network mode too. Virgin have checked there's no blocks and no towers out ect. Which I know because my partner is also on virgin with no problems.

I feel like I'm constantly going around in circles for you guys to just send me yet another new sim 

Hi @Jodiec,

Thank you for elaborating. I appreciate that the situation is super frustrating, and I do apologise.

Is it possible for you to try the SIM card in a different handset? That can help us to narrow down if the issue lies with the handset.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team