cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create mobile account (password creation issue).

J-Wills-55
Joining in

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to create a mobile account with my existing virgin number but once I've followed the process (provide number > text authentication code > email authentication code) I get to the password creation step and I just get the following error:

"Please double check your password follows the rules.

Please try again."

I've also tried multiple browsers etc.

I actually tried to make an account well over a year ago and had this same error, but as it wasn't urgent I didn't seek out a fix at the time. It seems quite poor that it is still happening after all this time. After a google around, I see others have had this issue too..

I now need to make an account asap to manage my mobile, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jeanette.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @J-Willis, I'd like to take a closer look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @J-Wills-55

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your phone and the password! 

I just wanted to double check have you made sure that your password follows all of the guidelines given? 

Thank you. 

Yep, there's a floating pop-up when typing the password out that shows the criteria required. Green ticks next to all of them.

Thanks for coming back to us @J-Willis, I'd like to take a closer look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am having this same issue - please could someone help.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Sanni,

Thanks for joining the thread, for future reference I would recommend making your own post, so we can get to you sooner.

I am sorry that you are unable to create an online account for your mobile.

I will send you a private message now, so I can help you.

Please look out for a purple envelope at the top right corner.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide