Menu
KSenos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to Wetherspoons website & others

I am having problems connecting to various websites, for example www.jdwetherspoon.com it returns a page stating:

The connection was reset

An error occurred during a connection to . PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Customer Service have reset my Web-Safe settings, which could take upr to 24 hour apparentley, but this issue doesn't seem related, but we will wait and see.

I can access the site perfectly through my phone's hotspot with another provider also using EE network.

I cannot understand why I cannot change this setting myself or why VM should take it upon themselves to block a major pub chain's website!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to Wetherspoons website & others

Hello

That error message is actually coming from the website itself, can you check you reputation at https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/ if it comes back as bad then the issue is actually your connection being given a bad reputation and only the website  can fix that.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would count not being able to connect to Wetherspoons a distinct advantage.

🤣

20200927_132202.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried another browser?

Using Chrome on my desktop with a VM connection I receive a 503 error. However the site loads if using the Edge or Firefox browsers on a desktop

Using Chrome on my VM mobile I am able to access the site.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KSenos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Another browser made no difference but it is working now so probably a website issue as was suggested.

Now I have a very slow connection 😞

0 Kudos