Menu
fabes
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to change tariff - Freestyle

I thought that under a new Freestyle contract, I could "change every month" unquote

Chat agent has just advised that I have to pay off my handset (just signed up with the Xperia 5 ii) and despite me quoting the legal agreements, she/he was adamant that I could only change if I paid the £680 remaining on the handset.....!?

Furthermore, I would only be able to have one of the (old) sim deals, not take advantage of the current, good sim deals which Virgin offers

Are any of the mods able to comment (or help) here please or members explain how I can escalate this as I though the whole elaboration of Freestyle was to allow me to decide to pick a bigger, monthly Line rental if circumstances or needs change. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to change tariff - Freestyle

As far as I knows you can only change to a tariff that was available at the time of sign up, not the nice new offers.

However, the airtime is separate from the phone loan. 789 have been pushing out misinformation regarding this from day 1 of freestyle. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks